(acredited to FCBD®)
- Be there for your dance sisters. Whether it’s making sure your
cues are strong or getting to a gig on time, we all need to depend on one another.
- Ask questions and learn from the more experienced dancers and teachers. Also, don’t let things fester. Express yourself in a constructive, respectful way.
- Be aware of how your words or actions can affect others. What makes sense to you may be understood differently by someone else. Take considerations to think before you speak or act.
- Don’t take things personally! There are too many unique individuals in this group to avoid minor misunderstandings. Let things slide off your ego – don’t let things stick!
- We all can benefit from going to Level 1 and Level 2 classes and working on technique. We can also benefit from allowing room for all our personalities to exist.
- This dance form is founded on trust, on and off the dance floor. Earn people’s trust and give yours as well.
- Treat your fellow dancers (and human beings) with compassionate respect and be mindful of others’ talents and limitations. Respect the dance form for what it is rather than how you would change it.
- Come to the shows of FatChanceBellyDance and of your fellow dancers. Not only does it support the dancers, it is a great way to learn about performance.
- Dance for the love of it! Enjoy yourself and the company of others.